[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4417: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Astro Loco • Of all medical conditions....

It is currently Thu 14 Dec, 2017 9:14 am • View unanswered postsView active topics

Of all medical conditions....

Life getting you down to where you just want to get it all out? Do you want to curse, kick and scream? This is the place to do it!

Of all medical conditions....

Postby qazxsw21000 » Thu 18 Oct, 2012 3:24 am

Of all medical conditions one could have, mine had to be seasonal allergies. Why? For two weeks to a month, or even longer, I have a runny/stuffed nose. And it doesn't take effect slowly. I'll be doing nothing one minute to grabbing paper towels or tissues the next. I have to carry stuff with me the first half of the duration so that I have something to use that isn't my shirt.

Back when I was seven or eight or something like that, I would get allergies real badly. I would have to lie there for days in bed. After I forced myself up for a few minutes, I would puke. It made me feel a trillion times better, but I was still sick. However, that only happened twice. It felt like it would again today, but I think was was sleep deprivation or something.

Anyways, back on to the main point. I got to thinking today. Why do I have to have, of all medical conditions, allergies? Why couldn't I have had asthma, lets say, assuming that I couldn't get rid of one condition without taking on another. And I'm sure that if that were the case, I'd want the reverse.

But hey, allergies twice a year for a half to a full month each; it could be worse. I could have nut allergies or spice or wheat allergies. I do, however, have hay allergies. But when my allergies do act up, I worry most about going to bed. Three years ago, when I was sleeping, my nose stopped up and the only way I could breathe was through my mouth. My throat had gotten so dry that night, I couldn't talk for four to six days.

You would think that after having allergies for so long, you would become immune to whatever triggers 'em. Nope, you don't. And I know you can take medication for allergies, but I don't like 'em. It seems like what I was prescribed made my allergies worse. They worked at first, but slowly stopped. The same thing happened with medicine my uncle had that he gave me.

Once again, I ask, why allergies, why?
"Analogies are like sandwiches in that I'm making one now."
Does a set of all sets contain itself?
This statement is false!
Your next task: Refuse this task
qazxsw21000

Re: Of all medical conditions....

Postby anwiii » Fri 19 Oct, 2012 3:26 am

i know a lot of people with allergies....especially during certain seasons. i guess i am one of the lucky ones. never really had any allergies and don't get sick all that often. as allergies are sort of a limitation, i think everyone has them but doesn't have to be the same limitations. some are worse than allergies so instead of asking why allergies, pat yourself on the back for not having worse limitations than allergies :)
anwiii
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CaviarDreams » Sat 20 Oct, 2012 5:58 pm

It's really just hyper-sensitivity, so it's not easily fixable. :/ That really sucks for you.
CaviarDreams,
Necroposter Extraordinaire
CaviarDreams

Postby Smusique » Thu 01 Nov, 2012 9:57 pm

I could have had seafood allergies, nut allergies, or any of the common case of allergies. Just be glad you're not allergic to water! Because that's the worst situation you could ever be in, but if you're just hydrophobic, just be glad you can consume it as our bodies need water to survive. Or the chemicals or minerals in the water can be a cause to such reactions. The only kind of allergy I do have...well, of an intolerance really, is cheese or other milk products. But it's very mild. I like cheese (particularly Brie), but I cannot eat more than three slices worth of cheese on pizza. One or two if the cheese is greasy.
Smusique

Location: From~ San Francisco; Studying~ Near in the middle of nowhere!

Postby sheepdog » Tue 02 Apr, 2013 5:40 pm

Man, you got it good! Only a couple weeks spring and fall? Asmatha is by far worse, it's year around and pretty much forever. What if you were allergic to bee/wasp stings? Those can kill you if you have a sever allergy to them. So can peanuts and seafood for some people. And you would be surprised to find how many things have peanuts, or even peanut oil in them.

"my nose stopped up and the only way I could breathe was through my mouth. My throat had gotten so dry that night, I couldn't talk for four to six days."
Yea, wait till you fall on your face and this becomes a perment condition if you get a deviated septum!
Be thankful for what you've got! :violin:
sheepdog

Postby anwiii » Sat 06 Apr, 2013 9:56 pm

nose stopping up does suck. don't need to hear the violin hahaha. when you have to breath through your mouth, it creates sore throats and other crap. i have experienced the affects of only being able to breath through my mouth when i have the common cold. i know this is about allergies and some people like me don't know what others have to go through on a daily basis, but we all have it bad in one way or another.....
anwiii
Site Admin
Site Admin

• Advertisement

Return to Rage Wars