[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4417: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Astro Loco • Building a Piggy bank

It is currently Thu 14 Dec, 2017 9:08 am • View unanswered postsView active topics

Building a Piggy bank

Building a Piggy bank

Postby qazxsw21000 » Mon 04 Mar, 2013 12:38 am

So I got a coin acceptor that can accept three coins. My first idea: build a piggy bank. Thus a use for things I have lying around. The acceptor has four connection wires. One power, one ground, and two outputs. One output outputs a single pulse whos duration depends on the coin. The other output puts out a chain of pulses whos amount depends on the coin. I used this output on the clock pin of a counter and added LED output it will count up to $40.95 if I had all 12 LED's on it. I have a revision coming soon.

"Analogies are like sandwiches in that I'm making one now."
Does a set of all sets contain itself?
This statement is false!
Your next task: Refuse this task
qazxsw21000

Re: Building a Piggy bank

Postby jdktechdev » Sat 27 Dec, 2014 7:44 pm

That's very cool! Did you make the enclosure, or did you salvage it from something? And would you be able to draw up and post a schematic of the circuit? This definitely looks like a fun project to make, and expand on. Also, are the LEDs mounted on box? I don't see them in the picture. Thanks in advance!
jdktechdev

Re: Building a Piggy bank

Postby qazxsw21000 » Sat 27 Dec, 2014 8:29 pm

I actually need to redo this. The enclosure I used is the box it was shipped in (those boxes make excellent prototype enclosures). The LEDs were supposed to be mounted on the side of the box, but weren't mounted . . . at all. You can see them just hanging out to the right side. I actually made an Instructables for it.
"Analogies are like sandwiches in that I'm making one now."
Does a set of all sets contain itself?
This statement is false!
Your next task: Refuse this task
qazxsw21000

• Advertisement

Return to Science & Technology