It is currently Wed 14 Nov, 2018 3:26 am • View unanswered postsView active topics

Will 2012 ever happen?

Re: Will 2012 ever happen?

Postby Smusique » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 8:50 pm

Anyway, the telegraph article is just weird. Apparently journalists don't understand science there or are willfully misinforming people. The actual NASA source says that a big flare might happen, not that they have forecast it. And that we would be more vulnerable as modern societies. The increased activity of the sun is caused by its cycle. If the flares are like they were in the earlier solar maximum, not much will happen. NASA is warning that humanity is vulnerable if a "super-eruption" occurs. And it would have to actually hit earth, which is a accomplishment on its own.

True, that.

But you know how I truely feel about this whole 2012 thing? I mean, I may have wanted to discuss if it WILL really happen, our insights, and all. But secretly? I just want to live my live normally as I had planned for the next few years, even as if there really wasn't an apocalypse. But it's always a good idea to prepare for the worst. Maybe 2012-2013 is just perhaps a reflection of our fears of maybe "what if" this happened in our lives. There's the movie 2012. There's the zombie apocalypse. Or maybe some sort of infection disease apocalypse. Or a combination of both. Or maybe we're just freaks that likes to dream up of crazy things as crazy as that. :P

But even then, I have a reason to believe that outside cosmic influences have little to no influence on our major/super-major disasters, with the exception of a freak solar flare or an asteroid. As for the magnetic field, I do hope it will reset itself soon with *little* chance of mass extinction from the effects.
Smusique

Location: From~ San Francisco; Studying~ Near in the middle of nowhere!

Postby Indego » Thu 22 Sep, 2011 3:10 am

Smusique, i think that this topic will contiinue to be quite divisive, wether the earth as we know if has a change in evolutionary path in 2012 or 2112, there will always be an underlining fear that something just isn't right with our world.

I believe that the world as we know it will reach a point in its life cycle where the populas one day collectively wakes up to itself and reflects on all the data that is being pushed on them, they will suddenly realise that their gold rolex's and BMW's really aren't so imporant, but the supply of fresh natural foods, clean healthy air and water and peace is what is foremost in thier minds...

I kind of think that the 2012 hype has the potential to focus select groups of people and tribes towards looking at the way they live, and the effect that thier actions have on others. I know its a long shot to hope that this world will ever be at peace, it never has in the past so its far from likely that it ever will. but what i think we can hope for is a global awareness of the changes that are going to be imposed upon us by limited resources and an ever growing population.

2012 may be nothing more then a false prediction just as Y2K was, but if it gets people talking then its well worth the discussion.

Happy to chat more about it if you want.

cheers
Jase
Indego

Postby Smusique » Thu 22 Sep, 2011 3:53 am

2012 may be nothing more then a false prediction just as Y2K was, but if it gets people talking then its well worth the discussion.

I hope you're right, the discussion. But there's so few people this point in time that it's difficult to keep it going. Y2k I didn't give a damn about, but 2012, I did. But I think it's due natural disasters we're prone to experience, and not some trivial computer error.
Smusique

Location: From~ San Francisco; Studying~ Near in the middle of nowhere!

Postby Indego » Fri 23 Sep, 2011 5:42 am

i wasn't trying to say that the event of 2012 is trivial, what i mean was that in retrospect i'm sure in 2022 we will all look back and go i'm pleased we were prepared, but it was all a kind of storm in a tea cup.

if we are unfortuneate enough to have to experience some kind of natural disaster in the next 15 months, then I hope that we are all in a position to be prepared as best you can be, and know that regardless of the force of any natural disaster, there is a fair chance that life will go on. in what format is another consideration all together different.

on the note of enought people here in the forum to continue this debate, well i'm sure that soon enough there will be more who find your post and more who feel compelled to add thier opinion to the thread.

As i've said before and in other posts. I'm a survivalist. I think its better to be prepared for a posible situation to occur then to just hope for the best.

Lets hope we are prepared enough

Cheers
Jase
Indego

Postby iMacG4 » Thu 18 Sep, 2014 6:31 pm

Yo Yo, Smusique!
I'm just informing you that 2012 won't happen here. It'll happen somewhere else, but not here. Please don't fear the world ending. It's not Earth that will end. It's a different planet, probably Nibiru. Nibiru is in danger, so don't go there. I'm not a survivalist, or anything, but I'm willing to be a survivor of deadly disasters. That said, it probably won't be Earth that will be affected.
Signed,
iMacG4
iMacG4

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Spirituality & Religion