It is currently Fri 26 Apr, 2019 11:17 am • View unanswered postsView active topics

Hello!

Hello!

Postby alfred » Fri 05 Oct, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi,
found this on Google :P
I'm looking for a high quality web host with super (I mean really fast!) servers, convince me that you can offer this :)
alfred

Re: Hello!

Postby Bani » Fri 05 Oct, 2012 6:59 pm

I think you have to give a more accurate description than "really fast" for hosting admins to be able to respond accurately to your question.
Bani

Postby qazxsw21000 » Fri 05 Oct, 2012 11:15 pm

Bani is correct here. "Really fast" is arbitrary, like the "12" on a guitar amp. But if it helps, the servers are fast enough for most applications.
"Analogies are like sandwiches in that I'm making one now."
Does a set of all sets contain itself?
This statement is false!
Your next task: Refuse this task
qazxsw21000

Postby alfred » Fri 05 Oct, 2012 11:17 pm

Sure. "Really fast" for me is loading a simple webpage (Just HTML/CSS, and some JS) in under a second, and an excellent server load and memory usage.
alfred

Postby anwiii » Sat 06 Oct, 2012 12:14 am

well how did our main page load for you and how is the forum loading for you? you can determine your page load speeds based on that for html/php and css and images.

page load speeds aren't just based on the server side though. there are many other factors including a persons computer speed, internet speed, the browser they are using, etc....

basically your site should load in a little over a second or two with a hard refresh. if you cache your browsed pages, site should load in a little under a second. i don't know if that is fast enough for ya :)

just as a comparision, i decided to do a speed test on the main page astroloco.com with images that need to load. it took 2.8 second. i then compared that load time with google .com which had a load time of 2.3 so there is a half second difference. there is that difference because google.com doesn't have any images on their site except one small basic image so it gonna load faster.

anyway, i was bored and you brought up a good question so i thought i would test it and see. weird. i just tested it again and first page load time went down to 2 seconds...

anyway, just judge it by how fast our main page or main forum page loads. that should give you a good idea of speed. i run multiple websites myself on our server and have never had a problem and never had complaints from others. do your own research though :)

btw- welcome to the forum. don't by shy with your introduction. tell us a little about yourself. also, what was your search term when you found us on google? i am always curious in how people find us. enjoy yourself!
Last edited by Bani on Sat 06 Oct, 2012 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
anwiii
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CaviarDreams » Sat 06 Oct, 2012 3:59 am

Well, it's free any ways, so I like to think of it from the fact of I wouldn't be having to even WONDER about what my loading times were if it weren't for the fine and awesome people at Astro Loco. :D
CaviarDreams,
Necroposter Extraordinaire
CaviarDreams

• Advertisement

Return to Introductions